Thursday, February 5, 2009

Please help me

After this round of conferences, I have made some mental notes about what to make sure I do (and do not do) at a parent teacher conference.
1. I won't sit back during the conference and tell my daughter, "Go ahead, I said I was going to stay quiet tonight."
2. I won't reply passive-aggressively to try to make a point to the teachers in the room.
3. I will be supportive of the teacher. If I disagree with something, I will have a private conversation to better understand the situation and work toward an agreement. I will not discuss my anger, annoyance or disapproval of the teacher to my child.
4. If my child says to the teachers, "You guys just sometimes annoy me," I won't just sit there and let my child think it is ok to talk to someone that way.

There are so many more, but I am spent!

Please, God, while I know I can make mistakes as a parent, help me do my best to help my child be successful in school rather than allow her to make excuses for behavior that is less than what it should be.

8 comments:

Lori said...

outstanding! words to live by!

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Your posts are cute. :D

angi_b72 said...

welcome!! I am Lori's sister...stopped to say from OHIO as well!!!

kim said...

Hey :) stopping by thru Lori's post to welcome you and I really enjoyed reading your posts :) Angie is my friend here in Z-ville and I'm going to meet Lori this Spring (which I am totally excited about) have a peaceful day :)

Mrs. M said...

Great! Welcome to blogging! Lori told us to come check you out!! :-) Have a great weekend.

Kori said...

Just stopping over from Lori's.

Great post by the way.

Unknown said...

stopping by from lori's blog to say hi...welcome to the bloggy land...

Jen said...

Thanks all! Nice to hear from all of you! Since I just started, I don't have a lot of blog followers yet.
Hope to see more of you and check out your blogs!