Thursday, February 5, 2009

Please help me

After this round of conferences, I have made some mental notes about what to make sure I do (and do not do) at a parent teacher conference.
1. I won't sit back during the conference and tell my daughter, "Go ahead, I said I was going to stay quiet tonight."
2. I won't reply passive-aggressively to try to make a point to the teachers in the room.
3. I will be supportive of the teacher. If I disagree with something, I will have a private conversation to better understand the situation and work toward an agreement. I will not discuss my anger, annoyance or disapproval of the teacher to my child.
4. If my child says to the teachers, "You guys just sometimes annoy me," I won't just sit there and let my child think it is ok to talk to someone that way.

There are so many more, but I am spent!

Please, God, while I know I can make mistakes as a parent, help me do my best to help my child be successful in school rather than allow her to make excuses for behavior that is less than what it should be.

8 comments:

lori said...

outstanding! words to live by!

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Your posts are cute. :D

angi_b72 said...

welcome!! I am Lori's sister...stopped to say from OHIO as well!!!

kimber p said...

Hey :) stopping by thru Lori's post to welcome you and I really enjoyed reading your posts :) Angie is my friend here in Z-ville and I'm going to meet Lori this Spring (which I am totally excited about) have a peaceful day :)

Mighty M said...

Great! Welcome to blogging! Lori told us to come check you out!! :-) Have a great weekend.

Kori said...

Just stopping over from Lori's.

Great post by the way.

♥georgie♥ said...

stopping by from lori's blog to say hi...welcome to the bloggy land...

Jen said...

Thanks all! Nice to hear from all of you! Since I just started, I don't have a lot of blog followers yet.
Hope to see more of you and check out your blogs!