Monday, June 15, 2009

Strawberry Day

Today we went with some friends to go strawberry picking. I have never been (in my 37 years) and I can't believe what I was missing out on. It was a blast! I got such a jolt when I would find the perfect strawberry. The smell was amazing! Claire really enjoyed herself, which I am glad for since we WILL be heading back before the season is over!
Of course, our strawberry picking day would not be complete without some yummy strawberry shortcake. This is how I like it...pound cake or short cake, mashed strawberries (with a smidge of sugar), vanilla bean ice cream, and whipped cream on top!
Since I forgot my camera for the strawberry picking pictures, I made sure that I took a picture of the most important part after dinner.

1 comment:

kado! said...

LOL! I grew up in North West Washington....the best Summer job to have in Middle School is picking strawberries with your friends (aka: child labor) So I have picked one too many Strawberries.....but I still love to EAT them!!!

Fun story!