Monday, June 8, 2009

Party Segregation

We had a double graduation party this weekend. My friend, Sarah, and I laughed, cried and stressed through our masters together and decided that we definitely deserved a party. She got her family and friends together, I got my family and friends together, and our work friends came too. To tell the truth, it was a great party. Good food (notice what I put first), great beverages (awesome sangria made my our dear Dianna), fun tunes (party mix cleverly compiled by Brian), and the best weather.
One thing to work on...party segregation. The first to arrive were the parents. The congregated together under the big canopy, started to have a couple drinks and eat some food. They seemed to be getting along fine.

Then friends and work buddies started showing up. Work buddies got together under the other tent to catch up (yeah, we hadn't seen each other since the day before)

and other Columbus friends got in their groups.

At one point, Brian said he was going to make everyone move three seats to the right. It was difficult spreading myself to all of the groups. I didn't want to spend too much time with one group, but I also wanted to make sure that I spent some time with friends that I don't see very often.
That being said, I believe everyone had a great time. If I didn't think I would go insane, I would consider going for my PhD (haha) just for the party.
I also came to another conclusion...I love to have parties! They are a lot of work, but really fun!
The kids also got into the fun (thanks for letting us borrow the water slide Tiffany and Ryan-it was a bit hit!)


This post is in honor of my dear friend, Terri, who I can't believe I forgot to send an invitation to! Please forgive me, my dear friend. I do love you!

No comments: